In addition to our core expenditures for law libraries, the Community Legal Information Association (CLIA), legal education coordinator, and scholarships, the Law Foundation has been pleased to provide funding support for projects that have included:
- PEI Citizen Advocacy - Recieved funding in 2019 for the development of a comprehensive research framework that looks at the access to justice needs of vulnurable Islanders.
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services: To develop a video on shelter services geared to newcomers. These videos are presented in multiple languages. "You Are Not Alone" videos link: Click here Read More
- PEI Chapter of the Hard of Hearing Association: Funding in 2017 and 2018 to pilot the introduction of assistive hearing devices in legal environments.
- CLIA: To organize a "Family Access to Justice Think Tank". To read the report and associated documents click here.
- The Cooper Institute: Funded in 2016 and 2018 to develop information/education materials for migrant workers on PEI.
- Alzheimer Society of Prince Edward Island: To expand their current Caregiver education series to include module and webinar on "Legal Planning and Dementia".
- PEI Human Rights Commission: Multi-year funding towards the development of education materials and the delivery of education on human rights principles in Island schools. Visit this link to access some of the Commission's education resources for teachers. Read More
- CLIA: To hire a coordinator for the course "The Best Interests of the Children in Custody and Access". Read More
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services: Funded in 2014 and 2016 to conduct sessions across the province on "Women and the Law".
- PEI Association for Community Living: To deliver "Wills and Estates" workshops across the province.
- East Coast Environmental Law: For an enivronmental law workshop and report. Read More
- Collaborative Law of PEI: Collaborative interdisciplinary training for lawyers, accountants and mental health professionals.
- East Prince Women’s Coalition: Funding provided to assist the Coalition for the provision of public legal education in the Prince County region in the areas of social justice and access to legal aid for family law.
The Law Foundation supports students by providing scholarships. Currently we provide yearly scholarships to:
- 2018 Centennial Scholarship Recipients UNB Read More
- 2018/19 Dalhousie Schulich School of Law Read More
- 2018 Holland College Legal Administration Awards Read More
For more information on scholarship opportunities, please contact the relevant institution directly.