In addition to our core expenditures for law libraries, the Community Legal Information Association (CLIA), legal education coordinator, and scholarships, the Law Foundation has been pleased to provide funding support for projects that have included:
- PEI Access to Justice Committee - Funding in support of a 2022 Access to Justice Forum
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind for a “Know Your Rights” information campaign (set to go live in 2022)
- PEERS Alliance for development of a Good Samaritans Drug Overdose Act brochure - 2021
- East Coast Environmental Law to hold an Environmental Impact Assessment Workshop in 2021
- PEI Restorative Justice Committee - To organize and deliver a 2020 speakers series on restorative justice topics
- Hospice PEI - Funded in 2020 to develop and deliver community sessions related to Health Care Directives
- Community Legal Information- Received funding in 2020 to develop a self-represented litigants handbook Read More
- PEI Citizen Advocacy - Recieved funding in 2019 for the development of a comprehensive research framework that looks at access to justice needs of vulnerable Islanders
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services: To develop a video on shelter services geared to newcomers. These videos are presented in multiple languages. "You Are Not Alone" videos link: Click here Read More
- PEI Chapter of the Hard of Hearing Association: Funding in 2017 and 2018 to pilot the introduction of assistive hearing devices in legal environments
- Community Legal Information: To organize a "Family Access to Justice Think Tank"
- The Cooper Institute: Funded in 2016 and 2018 to develop information/education materials for migrant workers on PEI
- Alzheimer Society of Prince Edward Island: To expand their current Caregiver education series to include module and webinar on "Legal Planning and Dementia"
- PEI Human Rights Commission: Multi-year funding towards the development of education materials and the delivery of education on human rights principles in Island schools. Visit this link to access some of the Commission's education resources for teachers Read More
- Community Legal Information: To hire a coordinator for the course "The Best Interests of the Children in Custody and Access" Read More
- PEI Family Violence Prevention Services: Funded in 2014 and 2016 to conduct sessions across the province on "Women and the Law"
- PEI Association for Community Living: To deliver "Wills and Estates" workshops across the province
- East Coast Environmental Law: For an environmental law workshop and report Read More
- Collaborative Law of PEI: Collaborative interdisciplinary training for lawyers, accountants and mental health professionals
- East Prince Women’s Coalition: Funding provided to assist the Coalition for the provision of public legal education in the Prince County region in the areas of social justice and access to legal aid for family law
The Law Foundation supports students by providing scholarships. Currently we provide yearly scholarships to:
- 2021 UNB - Julia O’Hanley and Carmelita Roberts
- 2021 Holland College Legal Administration Awards - Jennifer Gurszki and Julia Richards
- 2020/21 Dalhousie Schulich School of Law - Sasha Perry
- 2020 UNB - Vanessa Trainor and Sabryna Shaw Read More
- 2019/20 Dalhousie Schulich School of Law - Zack Geldert Read More
- 2019 UNB - Jeremy MacDonald and Julia O'Hanley Read More
- 2019 Holland College Legal Administration Awards - Jessica Noonan and Helen Murphy
- 2018 UNB - Margaret Grimmer and Jeremy MacDonald Read More
- 2018/19 Dalhousie Schulich School of Law - Graeme Stetson Read More
- 2018 Holland College Legal Administration Awards - Susan Lott and Mbahenen “Stephanie” Ashaolu Read More
For more information on scholarship opportunities, please contact the relevant institution directly.